Thursday, March 12, 2009

Upcoming New Features

With the newly arrived spring-like weather, people's thoughts are returning to their gardens. Bulbs are blooming or poking their heads up, the first spring annuals are arriving in nurseries and new dreams of gardening projects to realize in '09 are dancing like sugarplums in our heads.
Some of you know that I have a large sprawling garden in North Oakland, not far from Lake Merritt, and it certainly keeps me busy. After a long absence from gardening a decade ago, when I resumed I was so excited that I began buying an endless number of interesting plants. The result is that I now have more species of plants in my garden than some garden centers! Apart from the interest that holds for me -- there's always lots of plants in bloom no matter the time of year -- it has given me first hand knowledge of quite a variety of annuals, perennials and shrubs.
So, one of the regular features I'll be adding to this site is a section tentatively titled What's in Bloom. This will hopefully inspire some of you readers to explore adding that plant(s) to your own garden, or learn a bit more about a plant you already have.
Another new section coming will be a sort of To-Do list, perhaps updated twice a month, with timely advice on little projects for your garden.
I do encourage you to share your own experiences on this blog, so others may both benefit from your experience and share in the joy of our mutual passion.
Please feel free, as well, to suggest things you might like to see on this blog. Some of you may have questions, for example, on disease or pest issues in your garden. Or you may need help in finding a particularly unusual plant. If I can't help, perhaps another reader may be able to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
01 09 10