Monday, November 23, 2009

November Garden Photos








Here are a few early fall photos from my garden. At the top is the glistening porcelain berry vine, where the berries start green, then color up to pale blue, iridescent blue then royal purple. To its right is one of my remaining roses, my camera catching it at its peak. Below left is my Hebe ochroea 'James Stirling' with its gorgeous golden colors and beside it my Agave vilmoriniana, the one that had the 15' high flower spike and has now sprouted new leaves on the remaining stalk. Below that is the cool Euphorbia 'Sticks on Fire' and the subject of an upcoming column, Kalanchoe beharensis 'Fang.' Love its little "stalactites"underneath the velvety leaves. At the bottom is the lovely, subtle Australian shrub Correa and the "deadly" Datura 'Black Currant,' which is one of my favorite flowers ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
01 09 10