Monday, June 18, 2012

Summer Show

Here are more photos of my garden, taken just before the summer solstice. Top to bottom:
Fuchsia Rose Quartet. A simple but lovely hanging type fuchsia.
Eriogonum latifolium. My three California buckwheats are now in bloom.
Eriogonum grande rubescens, My favorite, putting on a real show in this its third year.
Scabiosa Harlequin Blue. I've gotten over my plant snobbishness and now enjoy common ones.
Neomarica caerulea. Simply stunning flowers. It may be in the iris family but it's a special entry.
Nigella 'Curiosity.' Love the larger purple flowers on this Love-in-a-Mist.
Eriogonum giganteum. True to its name, huge and a prolific bloomer.
Tigridia. So many color combos, so little space! Criminal that they only stay open a day.
My Aussie shrubs bed, here showing the swainsona, wooly bush and a Quan Yin statue.
Cuphea vienco Burgandy. One of the showy cupheas and that color!
Catananche Amor White. A white flowering form of Cupid's Dart. Elegant.
Dracocephalum. Not many know this tough, blue flowering perennial, here with buds about to open.
Fuchsia procumbens. The flowers may be tiny but they're damn near irresistible.
Philadelphus 'Belle Etoile.' This compact mock orange still features fragrant, white as snow flowers.
Variegated porcelain berry. One of my faves. First the great foliage then the shimmering, speckled blue & purple berries.
My tropical corner, featuring a black bamboo, two gingers, two cannas, a nandina and the irrepressible oakleaf hydrangea.
Hibiscus cisplinatus. Simply one of the most stunning hibiscus I've come across.
The aforementioned nandina domestica, this time a closeup of its flowers about to burst open.
Day lily 'Little Brave.' Love the color and it's making due with only morning sun.
My cat Jet, who is truly a garden cat. She'll wait by the front door, imploring me to go outside.
Tweedia. A plant almost no one grows anymore, puzzling due to its exquisite turquoise flowers.






















No comments:

Post a Comment

 
01 09 10