Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Of Cranes & Sunsets

This post is a detour from my posts about gardening but in keeping with a larger theme of nature. Some friends and I made a trip out to a nature preserve south of Sacramento last Friday, to watch the arrival of Sandhill cranes. While we didn't see them arrive in great numbers, there were many beautiful cranes already in the fields and marshes. We did however have the fantastic experience of watching literally thousands of Greater white-fronted geese arrive, honking and gabbing as they finally plopped to the ground. To cap the day, we were treated to the most amazing sunset we'd seen in years. Here are a few photos from that day. The photos aren't all in perfect focus as I was using a large zoom lens and I didn't have a tripod with me to steady the camera. But the feel of the day will hopefully come through.











No comments:

Post a Comment

 
01 09 10