Saturday, June 10, 2017

Hayward Japanese Garden

Count me among the millions of people who love Japanese gardens. I love the simplicity of them while understanding some of the complex landscaping and pruning that makes possible that seeming simplicity. I love the quiet of each place I visit and the way your eye is naturally drawn to focal points, vistas and the epic scale of certain areas. And the wonderful thing is, you don't need to know anything about how Japanese gardens are created to fully enjoy them.
A friend and I visited the lovely and surprisingly spacious Hayward Japanese gardens recently and I took photos. Here are a number of them, that show off various areas of the garden. No need for commentary; the photos themselves do that more eloquently.



















No comments:

Post a Comment

 
01 09 10