Thursday, April 16, 2020

Tip-toeing through the Tulips (and other bulbs)

So many photos to share, piled up as I've been busy, that today it'll just be photos. Enjoy.


My best shot yet of my Clivia, finally capturing its saturated orange color.


Sweet pea North Shore.


Fluffy Doubles narcissus. So fragrant!


Scabiosa Harlequin. A ground cover pincushion flower.


Tulip Perestroyka.


Sideritis cypria bract. It's these lime green bracts that are the show.


Echeveria gibbiflora. It's held onto its dazzling red color despite the warmer weather.


Purple Majesty Dutch iris.


Aeonium Sunburst. One of my favorite succulents and easy to grow!


Dicentra scandens. Irrepressible!


More Dutch iris.


Bouvardia ternifolia. There's nothing redder than this flower.


Viola Columbine. Love the 'freckles.'


Scilla Excelsior. These delivered the goods!


Gaillardia Arizona Sunset. Blanket flowers may be simple and common but I love the sunny colors!


Syringa 'Palibin.' My dwarf lilac bush is a reliable bloomer. Love that scent!


Neoregelia 'Lorena.' Probably my favorite of the newly arrived batch.


Clematis Josephine. This fully double clematis hasn't acquired its lovely violet color yet.


Speaking of doubles, here's the last shot of my Camellia Bill Woodruff. Gorgeous.


Here's a shot showing the inner ring on my Tulip Perestroyka. 


Drosanthemum micans. Sometimes called 'dew flower' this South African native offers up vibrant reds and golds.


Heliophila. This pretty annual has the most charming blue flowers.


One last shot of my floriferous Tidy Tips (Layia platyglossa).


Salvia 'Marine Blue.' One of the bluest of all sages and a prolific bloomer to boot.


Here's a closer photo of my Scilla Excelsior. I'll admit to being fond of nodding, bell-shaped flowers.


My Cryptomeria 'Spiraliter' has lovely chartreuse new tips.


My hard-pruned Cotinus is just now leafing out. Right now, in the sun, they look like little dancing flames.


My Fremontodendron has already put out its first cup-shaped golden flowers. This CA native once covered much of our state.


Ornamental onion (Allium). Not sure which one this is.


Star of my spring garden is this newly arrived Calceolaria Balloon Orange. Fabulous spotting and the flowers are a generous size for a 'pocketbook.'


Calibrachoa. One can never have too many 'million bells' in the garden.


Arisaema thunbergii var. Urashima. One of the more reliable Jack-in-the-Pulpits.


Billbergia Hallelujah. I think. Love the flowers on this sturdy bromeliad.


My cat Phoebe has spotted something interesting in my little pond. There's no fish in there so ...


Fallopia japonica variegata. Love the white colors!


Pelargonium Caroline's Citrine. Not your everyday geranium.


Tritonia Charles Puddle. I'm guessing this selection was named after the famed head of Bodnant Garden in England.


Eriogonum Shasta Sulphur.


Ixia Yellow Emperor.


 Calothamnus villosus. They remind me of miniature red fans.


Lonicera x americana. About to open their lovely pale pink blooms.


Physocarpus Amber Jubilee. The new growth especially is a peachy-ginger color. 


Campanula Waterfall Blue. Well named for its spilling habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
01 09 10