Monday, May 17, 2021

Back in the Swing

 As those of us who have gotten vaccinated gradually resume a somewhat normal life, I'm painfully aware that there are many still at risk, whether here or around the globe. I can only hope that vaccines reach them asap.

My garden continues to flourish and would do so more if we actually got some decent May weather. Don't get me started. Still, it is most definitely a 'count one's blessings' in having a beautiful garden to nurture day in and day out. Okay, here are some photos.

 

Itoh peony. Though it hasn't bloomed yet, I still love the foliage.


Scabiosa Harlequin. My ground cover Scabiosa is back doing what it does best - bloom and attract bees and butterflies.


Physocarpus Lady in Red. A new ninebark, this one has outstanding coppery-red foliage.


Kudos to those who properly identified this as Clematis Roguchi. It's hard to find in the trade and its nodding urn shaped flowers aren't your typical clematis flower.


Neoregelia variety. One of my older ones, it has created a pup that's now the size of the mother plant.


Pelargonium Claire. A gift from a friend, it has prospered. I just love the super dark and bright red color combination.


Billbergia variety. Here's the dangling flower from one of my Billbergias. Though it's hard to see here, each tiny flower has reflexed petals.


Walkway. This shows our main walkway and gives an idea of densely I've planted both sides.


Berzelia lanuginosa. This South African shrub is finally opening its tiny round white flowers.


Salvia melissodora. This grape scented sage is especially popular with bees!


Lily Royal Kiss. A new lily in my garden, I love its darkish red tones.


Lily Night Flyer. Another new lily and one of the darkest I've ever grown.


Erysimum Poem Mirabelle. My favorite wallflower and one that rebounded from near death.


Calibrachoa Cabaret Orange. I learned last week that Calibrachoas are rightly classified as petunias. 


My Lonicera x americana went crazy blooming this year, much to the delight of the bees.


Lemon Balm. Goes semi-dormant but then flushed out in spring. Has a lovely lemony scent.


Salvia roemeriana. This new salvia has a hint of dark blush to its leaves and scarlet red flowers.


Neoregelia Green Apple x Vulcan. This cross is one of my favorite bromeliads.


Azalea Court Jester. I never know from one bloom season to the next how much purple speckling will appear on the flowers.


Campanula punctata purple. There is a red-flowering punctata as well but this purple one has colonized the area around our walkway.



My Begonia Gene Daniels always looks great backlit, where the sun can illuminate the rich red undersides.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
01 09 10